Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day hiking tour up Santa Ana (Ilamatepec) volcano in Cerro Verde National Park
- Climb to the top of El Salvador’s highest volcano, a 4-hour round-trip hike of medium difficulty
- Admire views of the ocean, Lake Coatepeque, Cerro Verde and Izalco volcanoes, and a brilliant lagoon in Santa Ana’s crater
- Upgrade to have a private guide lead you up the trail and locate scenic rest stops
- Benefit from commentary on the natural history and ecology of the park (if private guide option selected)
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring light jacket, sunscreen and a hat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salvadorean Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Both trips are highly recommended, the hike is not hard, takes about an hr very scenic indeed." See review