- Walking tour of San Gimignano
- See the UNESCO-listed Old Town
- Learn about local history and architecture
- Private guide for your group of up to 15 people
- Flexibility to customize to your interests
- Morning and afternoon departures
Departure & Return
Next to the San Giovanni city gate, guide will be holding a Tuscan Escapes sign
What To Expect
Turn down a hidden side street for panoramic views of the Tuscan countryside, with rows of vines, olive groves, and cypress tress stretching into the distance. Continue to the central plaza to see San Gimignano’s Romanesque cathedral and the Torre Grossa, the tallest of the 14 medieval towers that are scattered throughout the town. If desired, enter the cathedral to see a collection of Gothic frescoes, or climb the tower (entrance fees are not included in the price of the tour).
Keep walking to a hilltop park and the pretty Sant’Agostino church, and if desired, continue to a series of medieval fountains and landmarks at the bottom of the town. This tour concludes in central San Gimignano, where your guide can share tips on where to eat, drink, and keep exploring on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tuscan Escapes by Papilio
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms