Explore our promoted experiences
- Tour San Gimignano and Volterra from Livorno with a private driver
- Skip the hassle of renting a car with private transportation included
- Explore San Gimignano and Volterra on your own
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Livorno
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Relax on the journey to San Gimignano, located roughly halfway between Siena and Florence. Once you arrive, you're on your own to design your own tour of the famous medieval architecture of this walled town, taking in the feudal atmosphere that hints at the town's history. San Gimignano is famous for its white wine, called Vernaccia di San Gimignano, and its export of saffron.
Back in your private vehicle, continue to Volterra, recently famous as a filming location for the 'Twilight' series of films. Visit the 800-year-old city hall and learn about the history of the alabaster export business. On Via Porta all'Arco, or 'Artisan Lane,' you'll find book binderies and paperies, jewelry stores, and leather and bronze shops, among others.
When you've finished up in Volterra, watch the scenery on your return trip to Livorno for drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please Note: The tour (8 hr long) must end at 22:00, or you may incur in nightfares.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY 01 Group
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience