- 2-hour walking tour of Cordoba Mezquita with an expert local guide
- Learn about the Mezquita’s fascinating history as both a Christian and Muslim place of worship
- Admire Capilla Mayor, a Renaissance cathedral nave that was added at the request of King Charles V
- Compare the Christian chapels with elaborately decorated rooms like the mihrab and maksura
- Finish with a visit to one of Cordoba’s pretty patios to sample a glass of local Montilla-Moriles wine
Departure & Return
Directions: Patio de los Naranjos de la Mezquita, in front of the existing olive tree near to the fountain.
What To Expect
Stroll through a gorgeous courtyard adorned with orange trees, Paio de los Naranjos, and weave your way around the Mezquita’s striped arches, reminiscent of candy canes, to the Renaissance cathedral nave known as Capilla Mayor. Admire the striking Christian monument commissioned by King Charles V and then explore the richly decorated Baroque ceiling of the mosque-cathedral’s choir section.
Marvel at the maksura, a Muslim enclosure once used to praise Allah, and gasp at the opulent mosaics that embellish the walls. After absorbing the sublime resplendence of the structure, return to the sun-drenched streets of the city and head to one of the traditional Moorish courtyards that characterize Cordoba. Sip a flavorsome glass of Montilla-Moriles wine and then bid your guide farewell in the courtyard, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Viajes Boreal S.A
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff