- Experience Guatemala small-village life, including visits to Volcan de Agua and El Hato
- Get a taste for life in the rural towns outside of historic Antigua
- Enjoy stellar views of Antigua down below and the surrounding volcanoes
- Kick back with a beverage, snack, and hammock at the chill Earth Lodge resort
- Explore the market and town square of Santa Maria de Jesus at the base of Volcan de Agua
- Great way to get out of the hustle and bustle of Antigua to see Guatemala's countryside
Departure & Return
Our office is located half a block from La Merced Church exactly in front of Selina Hotel
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Spend some time wandering this laid-back hamlet, including a stop at its miniscule local market and a trip through the town square. You’ll continue the trip by returning back down to Antigua, crossing through the city center and back up into the hills toward the small village of El Hato.
Upon arriving in El Hato, take a short stroll up the path to Earth Lodge, a local eco-resort where you can kick back in a hammock or grab a snack as you enjoy views of the valley down below and multiple volcanoes off in the distance.
As you descend back down make one last stop at ‘Cerro de la Cruz,’ offering a scenic overlook with Antigua down below. You’ll return back to your starting point at the end of the trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Simoon Panajachel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Absolutely worth the price – Highly recommend it – Will do it again - I say it's great for couples, family with older kids/teens, and friends" See review