Overlooking the Seine, with a view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance, the Tokyo Palace shares real estate with the adjoining Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris. Known as a modern meeting place for artists, the Tokyo Palace has cemented itself in the art community as one of the more innovative and interactive museums, featuring a wide range of creative subject matter.
From conceptual think pieces, to fun and funky graffiti, and even large-scale abstractions, Tokyo Palace provides the space for imaginations to run wild.
Things to know before you go
- Grab a bite to eat at either Les Grandes Verres or Monsieur Bleu restaurants located within the museum.
- Check out the museum’s bookstore, which looks more like a small art library, for a souvenir.
- If you speak French, consider tagging along on any of the museum’s free tours and workshops.
- Free admission is offered to people with disabilities, as well as free interpretive guides for the mentally or visually impaired.
How to get there
Conveniently located between the Eiffel Tower and Champs Élysées in the 16th arrondissement, you can access the museum by Metro line 9 from the Iéna and Alma Marceau stations; RER line C from the Pont de l’Alma station; and buses #32, 42, 63, 72, 80, and 92.
When to get there
The Tokyo Palace is open every day, except Tuesdays, from noon until midnight. For a unique peek at the museum, consider going at night for an after-hours feel, a glimpse of the illuminated Eiffel Tower, and the glowing River Seine.
Cruise the River Seine
After your visit to the Tokyo Palace, consider strolling along the Seine for some leisurely sightseeing. Or, hop on one of the riverboats for a cruise along the water to see the highlights of Paris in one fell swoop.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Guimet Museum (Musée Guimet)
- Musée Yves Saint Laurent Paris
- Quai Branly Museum (Musée du Quai Branly)
- Pont de l'Alma (Alma Bridge)
- Les Ombres Restaurant
- Crazy Horse Cabaret
- Paris Aquarium (Aquarium de Paris)
- Paris Sewer Museum (Musée des Égouts de Paris)
- Architecture and Heritage City (Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine)
- Palais de Chaillot
- 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant
- Eiffel Tower
- National Marine Museum (Musee National de la Marine)
- Champs de Mars
- Lido de Paris