Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
The museum’s permanent exhibits are the personal collection of Dutch anthropologist Bert Flint. Displays are organized geographically, with each room marking a destination along the ancient Saharan trade route from Marrakech to Timbuktu. The colorful objects on display include hand-woven carpets and textiles, traditional Berber clothing and jewelry, intricate basketwork, and tribal handicrafts. Among the highlights are a re-creation of a Berber encampment, examples of Saharan headwear, and an impressive collection of Moroccan artworks.
Things to Know Before You Go
There is an admission fee to enter the museum.
An exhibition information booklet is provided in multiple languages, including English.
Plan to spend about an hour to visit the museum.
How to Get There
The Tiskiwin Museum is located at the south end of the medina, close to the Bahia Palace. From Jemaa el-Fna square, it’s about 10 minutes’ walk: Head south along Zitoun Jdid and look out for the signs. If you’re taking a taxi, it’s easiest to ask for the Bahia Palace.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily, year-round, but it is closed for lunch from 12:30pm to 2:30pm.
Marrakech’s Best Museums
Most of Marrakech’s museums can be found in the medina and are within walking distance of the Tiskiwin Museum. The Museum of Marrakech houses Moroccan art and artifacts, while the Photography Museum displays impressive photos of historic Marrakech, and the Museum of the Palmery combines beautiful gardens with traditional art. Outside the medina, the Berber Museum in the Majorelle Garden is also worth a visit.
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Les Bains de Marrakech
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
- Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
- Palmeraie (Palm Grove)
- Marrakech Medina (Medina of Marrakesh)
- Oasiria Marrakech (Oasiria Water Park)