Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
A stroll through the Majorelle Garden is a highlight of sightseeing tours and a welcome change from the busy medina. Visit as part of a full-day tour that includes the Koutoubia Mosque, Bahia Palace, and Saadian Tombs, followed by lunch in Jemaa el-Fna square and shopping in the souks. Alternatively, combine a visit with a camel ride through the Marrakech Palmeraie, a horse-drawn carriage ride through the medina, or a tour of Menara Gardens.
Recent reviews from experiences in Marrakech
Things to Know Before You Go
There is an admission charge for both the garden and museum.
Visitor facilities include a café, museum bookshop, and gift shop.
The garden and museum are wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Majorelle Garden is in the Nouvelle Ville (New Town) and can be reached in less than 10 minutes by taxi from Jemaa el-Fna.
When to Get There
Majorelle Garden is open daily. October through April, the hours are 8am to 5:30pm; May through September, the gardens are open 8am to 6pm. The shady gardens offer a chance to escape the midday heat, but the narrow walkways can get crowded by 11am. To avoid the crowds, visit first thing—the softer morning light is also best for photos.
Yves Saint Laurent and the Majorelle Garden
The Majorelle Garden was founded by French painter Jacques Majorelle during the early 20th century, and it opened to the public in 1947. After Majorelle’s death, the garden fell into disrepair until 1980, when it was purchased and restored by fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and his partner Pierre Bergé. Saint Laurent’s ashes were scattered in the garden after his death in 2008.
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Hassilabied
- Things to do in Merzouga
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Morocco Sahara
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
- Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Les Bains de Marrakech
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Palmeraie (Palm Grove)
- Mohammed VI Museum of Water Civilization
- Menara Gardens (Jardin de la Ménara)