Palmeraie (Palm Grove)
Most Marrakech sightseeing tours visit the Palmeraie along with attractions like the Medina and Koutoubia Mosque, and the city’s hop-on hop-off buses stop directly outside. You can also take your pick of organized activities at the Palmeraie, such as a camel or horseback ride, or a buggy or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) expedition. Nature lovers, meanwhile, might check out the Palmeraie and another lush green space, such as Majorelle Garden or the Menara gardens.
Recent reviews from experiences in Marrakech
Things to know before you go
- If you’re doing any shopping at the Palmeraie, remember that the vendors expect you to haggle.
How to get there
The easiest way to get to the Palmeraie is on a tour that includes round-trip transport. If you’re visiting independently, take a taxi or horse-drawn carriage—they operate all over Marrakech. Alternatively, ride a hop-on hop-off bus, or catch a public bus from Jemaa el-Fna to Bab Doukkala, roughly five minutes from the Palmeraie by taxi.
When to get there
The Palmeraie is open to everyone, every day. If you’re traveling independently, it’s best to go in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the midday sun. Early arrival also means you beat the noisy adventure-sport tours and enjoy the oasis at one of its most atmospheric times. Dusk is another option, with many camel rides timed to coincide with the sunset.
Cool Off with a Mint Tea in the Palmeraie
Once you’ve experienced the essential Palmeraie camel, ATV, or buggy ride, hit the relax button at one of the grove’s 5-star accommodations. Head to a hotel café to sip a Moroccan mint tea—the perfect way to cool off after a dusty expedition around the palms.
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Hassilabied
- Things to do in Merzouga
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Morocco Sahara
- Mohammed VI Museum of Water Civilization
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
- Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
- Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Les Bains de Marrakech
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Chez Ali