Les Bains de Marrakech
There’s a range of hammam and spa treatments available at Les Bains de Marrakech. Visits to the hammam typically last around 45 minutes and include a traditional black soap body scrub andkessa glove massage, followed by a rain shower and time to relax in the lounge area. Additional available treatments include facials, body wraps and masks, oil massages, and reflexology massages.
Things to Know Before You Go
Treatments must be booked in advance, and it’s a good idea to book well ahead.
All of the hammams and massage rooms are private, but it’s possible to book a couple’s treatment.
Bring your swimsuit; bathrobes, slippers, and lockers are provided.
The spa uses only 100 percent natural products and sells a range of organic cosmetics sourced from Moroccan ingredients.
How to Get There
The Bains de Marrakech complex is located near the main gate to the Medina, close to the Moulay El Yazid Mosque and El Badi Palace. It’s about 10 minutes’ walk from the central Jemaa el-Fna square, or taxis can drop you off right outside.
When to Get There
The spa is open daily year-round. Advance bookings are essential, and the most popular slots are during the afternoon and early evening.
Visiting a Hammam in Morocco
Though Les Bains de Marrakech offers a private hammam experience in an upscale spa setting, Morocco’s hammams are traditionally public bathhouses, with separate areas for men and women. A typical visit starts with a steam room to open up the pores and release toxins, followed by a rigorous exfoliating massage (traditionally with black soap and kessa gloves), and, after rinsing, either a cold shower or plunge pool to close the pores.
- Saadian Tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- El-Badi Palace (Palais el-Badi)
- Bahia Palace (Palais Bahia)
- Tiskiwin Museum (Musée Tiskiwin)
- Jemaa el-Fna (Djemaa el-Fna)
- Marrakesh Museum (Musée de Marrakech)
- Dar el-Bacha Street (Rue Dar el-Bacha)
- Dar el Bacha Museum of Confluences (Dar el Bacha Musée des Confluences
- Photography Museum of Marrakesh (Maison de la Photographie de Marrakech)
- Ben Youssef Madrasa (Medersa Ben Youssef)
- Koutoubia Mosque (Mosquée Koutoubia)
- Majorelle Garden (Jardin Majorelle)
- Marrakech Medina (Medina of Marrakesh)
- Oasiria Marrakech (Oasiria Water Park)
- Palmeraie (Palm Grove)