Les Bains de Marrakech Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Combining the age-old traditions of a Moroccan hammam with the modern innovations of a Western-style spa, Les Bains de Marrakech is a popular choice for travelers seeking a Marrakesh hammam experience. Opened in 2001 by Frenchman Kader Boufraine, this was Marrakech’s first luxury private spa.
There’s a range of hammam and spa treatments available at Les Bains de Marrakech. Visits to the hammam typically last around 45 minutes and include a traditional black soap body scrub and kessa glove massage, followed by a rain shower and time to relax in the lounge area. Additional available treatments include facials, body wraps and masks, oil massages, and reflexology massages.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Treatments must be booked in advance, and it’s a good idea to book well ahead.
- All of the hammams and massage rooms are private, but it’s possible to book a couple’s treatment.
- Bring your swimsuit; bathrobes, slippers, and lockers are provided.
- The spa uses only 100 percent natural products and sells a range of organic cosmetics sourced from Moroccan ingredients.
How to Get There
The Bains de Marrakech complex is located near the main gate to the Medina, close to the Moulay El Yazid Mosque and El Badi Palace. It’s about 10 minutes’ walk from the central Jemaa el-Fna square, or taxis can drop you off right outside.
When to Get There
The spa is open daily year-round. Advance bookings are essential, and the most popular slots are during the afternoon and early evening.
Visiting a Hammam in Morocco
Though Les Bains de Marrakech offers a private hammam experience in an upscale spa setting, Morocco’s hammams are traditionally public bathhouses, with separate areas for men and women. A typical visit starts with a steam room to open up the pores and release toxins, followed by a rigorous exfoliating massage (traditionally with black soap and kessa gloves), and, after rinsing, either a cold shower or plunge pool to close the pores.
Address: 2 Derb Sedra, Bab Agnaou, Kasbah, Marrakech, Morocco
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Les Bains de Marrakech
No results found!
Things to do near Marrakech
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Agafay
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Ouzoud
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Boumalne Dades
- Things to do in Agadir
- Things to do in Casablanca
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Lanzarote
- Things to do in Arrecife
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Morocco Sahara