Ripley's Believe It or Not! Key West Museum Tours and Activities
Located on the famous Duval Street, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is one of the most unique attractions you’ll find in Key West, Florida. With over 10,000 square feet on the second floor of a historic Key West historical building, the over 500 exhibits will easily keep you busy for an entire day.
Ripley first displayed his odd collection at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893, which was labeled Ripley’s Odditorium. The exhibit attracted over 2 million visitors, leading Ripley to take his show on the road. Today, there are franchised locations of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditoriums all over the world.
The 500-plus exhibits in Key West are showcased in 13 galleries. Ripley collected the most unusual objects and collections he could find on his global travels to create the Odditoriums. Look for featured items like a shrunken head that once belonged to Ernest Hemingway, whose own typewriter and glasses are on display as well.
The Key West Odditorium exhibits include one featuring the world’s tallest man, Robert Wadlow, who was 8’11” tall at only 22 years old, a completely white buffalo (odds are one in ten million) and a prehistoric Mastodon skeleton. Other interesting exhibits include an eight-foot statue of Cpt. Jack Sparrow made from recycled car parts and a landscape carved entirely from camel bone.
Don’t skip the WaxZone at Ripley’s Key West. Located on the first level in the lobby, guests can create a “wax hand.” Dip your own hand into wax, or hold hands with a loved one, and create a memento you can take home after your visit.
Tours and Activities to Experience Ripley's Believe It or Not! Key West Museum
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Key West Aquarium
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Mallory Square
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
- Hard Rock Cafe Key West
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- St. Paul's Key West Episcopal Church
- Key West Cruise Port
- Duval Street
- Key West Cemetery
- Fort Zachary Taylor
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum
- Basilica of Saint Mary Star of the Sea
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory