Cozumel Cruise Port
Enjoy myriad private or small-group tours and experiences after docking in Cozumel, from snorkeling and PADI-certified scuba diving to riding dune buggies or Jeeps through the rain forest en route to a cenote. Other popular activities include swimming with angel fish in the Yal Ku Lagoon, Atlantis submarine excursions, and private beach passes to Chankanaab National Marine Park. For beach bums, day passes to the sandy shores of Cozumel are also a great option.
Things to Know Before You Go
Cozumel Cruise Port terminal offers restaurants, ATMs, shops, tourist information kiosks, and rental services.
Most Cozumel shore excursions do not include port pickup and drop-off. Be sure to check transportation options prior to booking.
Shore excursions can last anywhere between one and six hours, depending on the tour.
San Miguel de Cozumel is the biggest city in the area and offers plenty of opportunities for shopping, eating, and drinking.
You can explore Cozumel independently via taxi, rental car, or moped; most of the public access beaches are on the opposite side of the island to the cruise port.
How to Get to San Miguel de Cozumel From the Cozumel Cruise Port
Your ship will dock at one of three piers: Punta Langosta (Norwegian, Disney, Seven Seas), Puerta Maya (Carnival), or the International Pier (Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). Punta Langosta is located right in the downtown, while Puerta Maya and the International Pier are a walk or taxi ride away. When you hire a taxi, always agree on a price before setting off.
Cruise liners anchoring at Cozumel include Carnival, Celebrity, Disney, Norwegian, Princess, Seven Seas, and Royal Caribbean. You’ll hear lots of Spanish—the official language—though English is widely spoken and understood. The local currency is the Mexican peso but US dollars are almost universally accepted.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Tormentos Reef
- Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park
- Columbia Reef
- Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
- El Mirador Lookout
- Plaza del Sol
- Punta Sur Eco Beach Park (Faro Celerain Ecological Reserve)
- Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park
- Playa Uvas Beach Club
- El Cedral
- Cozumel Museum (Museo de la Isla de Cozumel)
- San Gervasio Mayan Ruins
- Corona Beach (Playa Corona)